There's a lot to be said for becoming a part of an ever growing social and sailing network on the South Coast of Barbados. But benefits of joining the Cruising Club are wider than just having a 'home from home' in Carlisle Bay or a network or sailors to plan trips with and help you out when you need assistance.
Members have access to all club facilities and subject to space availability are able to keep boats, boards, equipment and trailers on site. The club has a locked 'wet storage' area, with access limited to those using the area for storage.
The Cruising Club has a selection of sailing dinghies all of which may be used after completing a short sailing competency test. For non sailors the Club also owns kayaks. No test required, just show your membership cards at the bar and they'll provide the paddles.
For those who just want to spend time on the beach. We've sun loungers, shade, beachfront changing /bathrooms with lockers to keep your valuables safe.
The Club is home to Dippers Beach Bar and Restaurant, with it's friendly staff relaxed atmosphere and great value menu. Complimentary WiFi internet is available in the bar, as are AV projection and wide screen television. Members are allowed to host private parties and functions at the club with no booking cost, subject to availability. We've hosted weddings, birthday parties, fundraising events and even the odd toga party. The bar has uninterrupted views over Carlisle Bay, and is simply a perfect place to relax and unwind. Dippers is also host to regular social events. There's something for everybody to enjoy.
A range of local businesses offer discounts to Cruising Club members, on presentation of a valid membership card.
- Dippers Beach Bar: 15% discount on food and drinks
- Paddle Barbados: 50% discount, plus free paddle board rentals on Fridays (subject to availability)
- G Fish Watersports: 20% discount for local members and 10% discount for overseas members
- Ajani Irie Surf School: 20% discount for local members and 10% for overseas members
- Santosha Yoga: Discounts on single class and 10 class cards
- Lrn 2 Sail: 20% discount on local members and 10% discount for overseas members
- Barbados Blue Watersports: 10% discount on jet ski rentals, scuba courses, snorkel tours, kayaks and dive courses
- IGY Marinas - Rodney Bay: 10% discount on marina fees
- The Beach House: 10% discount on purchases
- Welchman Hall Gully: 20% discount on admission fees
- Hazells Waterworld: 10% discount on dive and snorkel gear
- R & R Cruising: 10% discount and special introductory pricing
- Nature Care: 10% discount to local members
Members also receive a discounted members rate for specific events held at the club, reduced admission to the annual Old Year's Night party and free admission to the Salsa Caribe Friday salsa parties when held at the club.
And incase you forget any of that... members also receive our weekly(ish) email newsletter The BCC Barnacle! To join, download our membership form, or collect one from the bar, and become a part of the Barbados Cruising Club.